So, I not only haven’t worn makeup in well over a week, it’s now Thursday as I write this and my hair has not been washed since I had it cut Saturday. Gross! Whatever….I’ve bathed every day, I just haven’t washed my hair and am sporting lots of bang-braids and ponytails. As far as makeup, I don’t see anyone ever so why bother anymore?
*side note…yesterday I put a clean shirt on and it had a giant dried booger from Lowe on the chest….BOY MOM! GROSS!!!
So, since makeup is a luxury, my Beauty Favorites tend to be more about skincare or quick fixes I can use to hide problems. Here are some of the things I *found* in my stocking yesterday. Actually, Kirk found them hidden in a black and white striped Sephora bag in the back of my SUV and said “what’s all this?” and I said, “don’t worry about it.” 🙂
Friday Favorites (Beauty)
1. Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Moist Conditioner $3.99 Okay, so I have this really annoying (or smart depending on who you ask) habit of picking one of these up every time I am at Target. I can usually find them 2 for $5.00 so it’s a no-brainer. It’s really dry here in CO and this seems to be the only conditioner I can find that is creamy and leaves my hair soft. I’ve tried their regular conditioner and even it can’t compete with this treatment. It’s super thick and smells great. At any given moment I have 4 or 5 under my sink. I don’t wash my hair but ever 4 or 5 days so a bottle lasts me a month. I’m more than addicted to this stuff.
2. SEPHORA COLLECTION MicroSmooth Baked Sculpting Contour Trio $21.00 The picture does this no justice…the colors are so soft and pretty. I try to always wear a little blush and love this highlighter to give my cheeks a little sparkle without being all Teenage Girl Sparkly.
3. Beauty Counter Lip Sheer $28 I NEVER wear lipstick., but this Lip Sheer is more like a moisturizer to me in that it’s smooth and lasts a really long time. I like it b/c the color is soft and it’s really just SO moisturizing (like a chapstick) and not matte at all. Plus, all of Beauty Counter’s products are Safe and contain ingredients that are committed to a much higher quality of standards than any other on the market in the U.S.
4. Dollar Shave Club Razor $7/month I bought this monthly subscription for Kirk in his stocking last year and quickly stole the $7 blade once I upgraded him to the $9 blade. A $7 razor is good enough for these legs. Who am I kidding, they only get shaved once a week or so and this baby does a fantastic job! But Seriously….the blade has lasted months and I love it.
5. Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil $23 I love this eyebrow pencil b/c the tip is really thin and looks very natural when you use it. It comes with a brush on one end and every time I go into a makeup store for a pencil, I always walk out with this one. My eyebrows are really light blonde naturally and even more so in the summer when I’ve been out in the sun and their colors always are just perfect for me.
6. Zents FRESH eau de toilette $56 Sigh…..this one is a HUGE love of mine. I rarely use perfume, but if I’m daring to put anything other than yoga pants on, I also make sure to spritz some of this on. It’s so light and fresh! It honest to God just smells like the best clean laundry you’ve ever smelled. “Sparked by the fusion of healing and art, ZENTS scents become potent potions as they react with your body’s natural chemistry.” I have seen it in Anthropologie but found my first bottle in the cutest little boutique in Denver and fell in love!
7. Purest Palm Body Brush $9.99 I started using a Dry Brush after Lowe was born. I quickly lost all of my baby weight, but my skin on my stomach wasn’t shrinking. I know, I know…it takes 9 months to make it and lose it and yada yada…I read that dry brushing increased circulation and helped with skin shrinkage went out and bought one. I watched several tutorials on the proper way to use it (circular motion always towards you heart) and now use it every other bath. It feels so good and exfoliates wonderfully! If you don’t have one, RUN to the store and get it now.
8. Rosebud Lip Salve $6.00 I’ve been using this since college when I bought my first little tin at Urban Outfitters. It smells wonderfully and is so inexpensive I never feel guilty when I go through a tin in a month or so. I also love to use it as a cuticle softener. I’ve been known to use this as one of my Favorites any time I have a gift exchange.
9. Thayer’s Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel $9 I picked this up at the Vitamin Cottage when Lowe was pretty little b/c I liked the bottle. Good reason to buy something, huh? But I quickly discovered it is THE best makeup remover. I would use my regular makeup remover and be pretty happy and then put some of this on a cotton ball and see dirt! DIRT!!! Actual Dirt! The bottle last forever and it smells so good. Every time I use it I feel like my skin just glows!
10. Naked Eye Shadow Pallete $29 When I do wear eyeshadow, I really love this palette! The pinks, mauves and golds are my favorites! The brush alone is worth $29. I will tell you my little secret too! I bought this palette from one of my Mom Co-Ops for only $8 and have 4 more ordered and on the way. I can’t stop watching YouTube videos of 20-somethings who put this stuff on. They layer and cake it on and I’m amazed by what they can do with it, but that’s not for me. Nope. I like it b/c the roses, mauves and golds are perfect for my blue eyes whether I wear one color or three.
So, that’s it. I hope you find at least one of these helpful and are able to share some of your favorite Beauty Products with me!